4.1: Introduction to Cell Culture & Aseptic Technique
You are about to begin Topic 1, of Cell Culture Techniques.
In this topic you’ll learn about the role Cell Culture & Aseptic Technique. You will start by clicking on the next button at the bottom of the page to being reviewing information about Cell Culture & Aseptic Technique.
Upon completion of this module topic, you should:
- Be able to identify different types of cells grown in culture and provide examples of specific stable cell lines commonly used in culture.
- Be able to explain the cell culture work environment and identify the significance of specific cell culture equipment (laminar flow hoods, CO2 incubators, Microscopes, Preservation equipment, storage vessels).
- Be able to explain how and where cells are appropriately preserved and stored.
- Recognize important safety considerations when conducting cell culture experiments and be sure to observe all safety precautions.
- Describe aseptic techniques for working with mammalian cell cultures and the materials needed to practice and ensure aseptic technique.
|< Prev||Next >|