Topic 2.1 DNA Restriction & Nucleic Acid Analysis
You are about to begin Topic 1, DNA Restriction & Nucleic Acid Analysis.
In this topic you’ll learn about the role of Restriction Enzymes & Enzyme Digestion and Nucleic Acid Analysis. You will start by clicking on the next button at the bottom of the page to being reviewing information about DNA Restriction & Nucleic Acid Analysis.
Upon completion of this module topic, you should:
- be able to set up a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) using DNA samples, primers, buffer, dNTPs, and polymerase enzyme;
- understand the significance and role of each component in the reaction;
- be able to load PCR samples into a thermocycler machine under supervision and understand the mechanisms behind the different steps taking place inside of the thermocycler throughout the PCR reaction;
- have a general understanding of Real-Time PCR and its applications for quantitating gene expression;
- understand the mechanism of DNA sequencing and the methods implemented for sequencing DNA;
|< Prev||Next >|